Duties & Responsibilities
- Pick up, drive and assist (as necessary) individual requiring transportation.
- Assist individual in having prescription filled after appointment if required.
- Provide Resource Coordinator with details of driving session once completed.
- Keep information about client CONFIDENTIAL.
- Assignments will be made as per availability of volunteer.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License
- Valid Auto Insurance
- Knowledge of streets and parking in downtown and other areas of Winnipeg.
- Comfortable driving in Winnipeg, especially downtown.
- Friendly personality.
- Ability to interact well with people.
Lines of Communication
- MSS Resource Coordinator is the primary contact. Resource Coordinator will provide the client with a list of drivers
- Client will make contact and provide the driver with all the details related to the appointment
- Transportation is paid by the senior to the driver at a predetermined rate of .43/km.
Special Considerations: Volunteer drivers are reimbursed for mileage and parking.