GEMS is our community meal program for older adults. Helping hands always welcome!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set tables & clear tables
- Prepare & serve beverages
- Assist with serving & clean up
- Help Meal Coordinator as required
- Volunteers will be scheduled according to their availability
Qualifications & Requirements
- Friendly personality
- Ability to interact well with people
- Some food preparation knowledge with a focus on safety and cleanliness
- Ability to take direction
Orientation & Training
- On the job
Lines of Communication
- MSS Resource Coordinator is the primary contact
- Tasks given by Meal Coordinator as required
Special Considerations: GEMS volunteers eat for free the day they volunteer!
Please contact Leanne if you would like to help out with the meal program or if you would like to be a delivery person for home meal delivery.